Blackwell Associates is a local independent provider of occupational health services with a proven track record of delivery of high quality services to both the public and private sectors from the inception of the business in 1997.
The services provided by the business are tailored to accommodate clients’ specific needs given the diverse nature of modern working environments. The team at Blackwell offer specialist occupational health advice and support, liaising with a range of specialists including hospital consultants, physiotherapists and employee counsellors as part of our holistic approach to care.
Blackwell Associates aim to help our clients promote the health of staff, optimise the working environment and assist in the management of employees with health problems. Services can be provided either at the company’s main premises in Belfast, or on site depending on requirements.
Blackwell Associates was established in 1997 to provide a responsive, flexible and local response to businesses in the Northern Ireland requiring Occupational Health advice and support. The company was founded by Dr Alan Black who obtained membership of the Royal College of Physicians (UK) in 1984. Dr Black subsequently obtained his specialist occupational health qualifications (Membership of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine) and specialist accreditation in 1992. Dr Black was awarded the Fellowship of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland in 2000 and is a past Chairman of the Northern Ireland group of the Society of Occupational Medicine. Dr Black is the only occupational physician in Northern Ireland trained to use the appraisal scheme currently being trialled by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine and to appraise other occupational physicians using the pilot appraisal tool. In recognition of remaining at the cutting edge of the provision of services and to enable us to continue to give our customers the highest quality service, Dr Black successfully completed his Certificate in the Management of Occupational Health Services.
Since 1997 Blackwell Associates has provided independent Occupational Health Services to approximately 500 companies throughout Northern Ireland. Our aim is to provide specialist advice to employers to help ensure the health and welfare of their staff and to optimise the efficiency of the workforce by helping minimise sickness absence.
The company's expanding team currently consists of two full-time Consultant Occupational Consultants and a number of other sessional occupational physicians. In addition, there are two full-time and two part-time qualified Occupational Health Nursing Advisors, a Business Manager and secretarial staff. The core team has however been working together continuously from 1989, initially in the occupational health department of Northern Ireland Electricity.
Talk to the occupational health professionals on
• A reduction in employee sickness absence
• A reduction in ill health in employees caused or made worse by work
• Help people who have been ill, whether caused by work or not, to return to work and stimulate sustained improved attendance
• Improve work opportunities within your organisation for people with disabilities
• To create and maintain a healthy workforce
• To improve the work environment to help employees maintain or improve their health
• To reduce the cost of work related ill health
• To improve the physical and mental health of employees from better management of workplace and from using the work environment to promote health
• To ensure company compliance with statutory requirements in connection with occupational health policies, procedures and services
• To work collaboratively with your managers in supporting staff to achieve healthy outcomes for themselves
• To develop and implement policies and procedures that support and promote the Health and Well being of your employees
• To provide Health surveillance facilities for employees as appropriate e.g. Audiogram etc